I'm absolutely sure that in a past life I lived in a castle. It's the only logical explanation for my love of chandeliers, brocade fabrics and fireplaces that you could literally rent out as a NYC studio apartment. Later this month Disney reinvents Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson and I seriously cannot wait to see it. Disney asked that I create a little something to celebrate the release, so here it is......A castle mirror that can be made on a pauper's budget. Hey, Belle fell in love with a beast, why not a cardboard mirror? Remember to recycle, paint things brilliant metallic gold
and always Make Your Mark!
I cannot wait to see this movie!
For this version I added some extra rows of cardboard leaves
Watch me put it together here!
STUFF I USED
Dollar store mirror
Allure Metallic in Gold Leaf
Americana Acrylic Paint in Sweet Mint
Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
1/4" thick plywood (or cardboard) base
1. Create the shape of your base and then trace the mirror shape in the center
*This will help when you start gluing
2. & 3. Cut diamond shapes in cardboard and then trim them into leaf shapes
4. Starting at the penciled line, glue rows of leaves around and around working your way to the edge of the base
5. Paint everything with Vintage Brass and let dry
6. Embellish the leaves with Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint and let dry
7. Add a light patina around the edges with the Americana Acrylic Paint in Sweet Mint using a sponge
8. & 9. Randomly glue on gems around the mirror and then glue in the mirror using E-6000 Glue
Tale as old as time......
Post a Comment