Spring has sprung and I'm excited to start entertaining outside on my patio! Because I live in southern California, I'm lucky to be able to eat outside most of the year. Also, since my home is on the small side, it's important that my outdoor space feels like an extension of the house, so I decorate them just like I would any indoor room. This entertainment center was headed for a thrift store until I realized it would make the perfect sideboard/buffet/outdoor-cabinet for my patio. I grabbed my favorite color of Outdoor Living paint and filled my paint sprayer and in no time at all, I had a new piece of furniture ready for my next party. Remember to give everything a coat of paint before you donate it and if you don't like it, then you can give it away.
Oh, and always Make Your Mark!
Party ready and filled with my Blue Willow, both antique and new
I love mixing bold patterns
Blue Willow dishes mixed with Japanese bowls always works for me
Watch how I made this here!
STUFF I USED
Old entertainment center
Americana Decor Outdoor Living Paint in Adirondack
Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
DecoArt Fleur Medallion stencil
Cosmetic sponges & hammer
1. Wipe dirt and dust from the piece and remove the hardware
*Keep it in a ziplock back so you don't lose anything
2. I replaced the warped panels with 1/4" thick plywood cut to size
3. 4. & 5. Fill your Finish Max with paint give even, light coats to the furniture until it's painted
6. Immediately clean your paint sprayer according to directions
7. I painted this cabinet inside a spray tent which kept the paint from getting everywhere AND gave it a nice, dust free place to dry...LOVE THIS THING!
8. Cut stencils to fit in indented and hard to stencil areas and tape in place
9. Apply metallic paint with a cosmetic sponge in light coats to give even coverage
10. 11. & 12. Measure, clip and hammer the nailhead trim around the drawers, cabinet doors and around the top
Thanks so much JeMa! I can't wait to have people over.....You're invited!Delete
I live in Sweden though...hahaha... ;)Delete
You're still invited!Delete
I love itReplyDelete
Great up cycle Mark,,ReplyDelete
You and I share a love for this colour!!
Beautiful and awesome colors :)ReplyDelete