If it's colorful and you can hang it in a tree, I'm IN! When I saw a photo of a market in India filled with fabric lanterns I knew it was time to make some. This is a project for the whole family, BTW! Hang a solar light from the ribbon at the top and you have something amazing that glows at night, too. I used Oly-Fun Craft Sheets from Fairfield World for this project because you can get a package of it with tons of different colors! It's like construction paper, but craft fabric! I've left a link for you below. Make sure to check out the video to see how they're done, OK.
Oh, and always Make Your Mark!
Oly-Fun Craft Sheets....Amazing stuff!
Watch how to make them here!
Hot glue gun
1. - 6. Cut out all the pieces for the lantern
7. Glue the panels side by side and the triangles on the top and bottom using E-6000 Fabri-Fuse
*Large triangles on one side and small on the other as shown in photo #7
8. Glue the yellow squares on the panels
9. Glue the flowers in the center of each yellow square
10. Add pailettes
11. & 12. In a squiggle pattern, edge the pieces of the lantern with Allure Dimensional Paint
13. Add dots around each paillette
14. When dry, punch holes on the top of each large triangle
15. Cut a piece of stitch in boning the length of the 4 panels and hot glue it to the edge below the large triangles
16. Connect the ends of the boning and glue down the edge to create a tube
17. Thread ribbon through the holes to hang the lantern
18. Glue pompoms to the end of the smaller triangles at the bottom