The ladies of Downton Abbey have discovered the Spectator Pump and today I'm showing you how to get the same look with just a little bit of paint and a pair of shoes in need of a makeover. It's easy with some Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paint and a couple of ribbon bows glued on with E-6000!
Spectator pumps are the most popular shoe ever created (besides the sneaker) and reached their height of popularity in the 1920s. Since then we've seen a version of this shoe in every fashion season since. Try this project on a pair of white sneakers if you're not a fan of heels. Have fun!
The "Lady Mary" Shoe
Classic Spectators for men and women
Here's the step-by-step video
1. Draw the design on the toe of each shoe
2. Draw the design on the heel of each shoe
3. Fill in with an Americana Multi-Surface Paint in a color you like and let dry
4. Mark with a pencil every 1/2 inch around the edges of your painted areas
5. Paint black dots over your marks as shown
6. Draw in your stitches with a permanent marker on both sides of the painted dots
7. Glue small ribbon bows on the toes of each shoe with E-6000 glue so that they are
permanently adhered and you're done!