One of my YouTube subscribers challenged me to make a Dolce and Gabbana inspired purse and she even sent me photos of her favorites to inspire me. Now, even though mine isn't an exact copy, I think the idea is still there and I'm pretty happy with it. This is an idea that you could use on all kinds of accessories! The base is a thrift store find, but after a few minutes on the internet I realized that finding a pink purse is about the easiest thing in the world, so don't panic! I even think a mint green or light blue bag would work well, too. Start making your spring accessories so you're runway ready and don't forget to Make Your Mark!
This is the original
Ready for a spring day out
Watch how to make it here!
STUFF I USED
Pink thrift store purse
Small butane torch or long arm lighter
1. Mix a small amount of resin according to directions
2. Pour in the silicone molds you want to use and pop the bubbles with a blow torch
*Let cure overnight
3. Spray paint the resin pieces with metallic gold
4. Cut the printout the shape of the front of the purse
5. Arrange your gold resin pieces around the rose printout and trace around the inside
6. Cut out the pattern
7. Using Americana Fabric Decoupage, adhere it to the purse front
8. Using E-6000 Glue, add the gold resin pieces to the purse and let dry
9. Add some pieces to the strap as well
Beautiful! I’m actually inspired to do this design for a cigarbox purse! I think it would be perfect for it. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your talents with the rest of us-jessReplyDelete
I have alot of purses I don't use that I'm going to experiment with for this, I'll be buying every thing I need for this project through your links. Thanks for sharing, Mark!ReplyDelete
I like your version better than the Dolce!ReplyDelete
I like yours better than the Dolce!ReplyDelete
Love your bag & it inspired me to make my own! How do I send you a pic of mine to show you?
Thanks so much!
https://www.facebook.com/MarkMontanoNYC/ is a good place!Delete