I snagged some simple lampshades at a thrift store for a song and you know me, if I can paint it or glue something on it, it's not safe! It's just how I live my life, friends. I pulled out a few of my favorite adult coloring book pages for a pattern inspiration and then went nuts with my stash of Unicorn SPiT. I used floral pages, but any pattern would work. You might try copying the page and coloring it before you jump into painting the lampshade. This way you'll know how you want them to look. I think they give a stained glass feel and that's just fine with me. Remember, if it's not tied down, embellish it! Oh, and always Make Your Mark!
Brightening a corner of my kitchen
Watch how to make them here!
STUFF I USED
Plain fabric lampshades
Allure Dimensional Design Adhesive Paint in Gloss Black
1. Trace the shape of the lampshade on the back of the adult coloring book page and cut out
2. Tape it inside the lampshade and put the lamp inside
3. With the lightbulb on, trace the pages lightly with a pencil
4. Trace over the pencil lines with Allure in Gloss Black and let dry
5. - 9. Slightly water down your favorite colors of Unicorn SPiT and start painting the flowers and leaves
10. When the shades are dry, spray them with Minwax lacquer and let dry
11. Using E-6000 Fabri-Fuse, glue mini pompom trim around the rims of each shade
12. Hold in place with clothespins while they dry
Brilliant and blooming!
Spring has sprung!