I found this table for $15 at my local thrift store and could not pass it up! I'm sure it came from a recently closed, Hollywood motel in my area because there were at least 10 of them! At first glance I thought it was super tacky, but after taking a closer look and seeing all of the details, I quickly snapped it up for this makeover project. Not exactly sure how Marie Antionette became the inspirations, I just kept thinking of her when I was painting the base in pink and gold. When that happens, you go with it! If you have a better name, I'd love to know! Remember to always look for the potential in things and always try to Make Your Mark!
All this needs is a pink phone!
Looks so pretty on my faux lawn!
Pink with black and white stripes REALLY does it for me!
Watch how I did it here!
STUFF I USED
Thrift store table
Gold metallic marker
1. Sand down the imperfections on the table top if there are any
2. Paint the top in Americana Decor Satin Enamels in white and let dry
3. Paint the base in Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Remenisce
4. Create stripes with masking tape across the table top
*I used 1 1/2" wide tape and spaced it every 1 1/2" for even stripes across the table
5. IMPORTANT! Once the tape is down, add more white paint along both edges
of each strip of tape
*The white paint will seep under the tape and create a barrier so the black does not seep under the tape and create fuzzy lines
6. Carefully paint black in between the taped lines
7. Carefully remove the tape when the paint is almost dry
8. Paint the edge of the table with Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
*This is hands down my favorite metallic paint!
9. Edge the table with a paint marker so that you have a perfectly crisp metallic gold edge
10. & 11. Bring out the details by using a dry brush dipped in a tiny bit of gold and brushing it across the flourishes
12. Ready to decorate!
Legit. It reminds me more of Alice!ReplyDelete