Do you ever just pull over to the curb and check out a pile of furniture ready for the heap? I do it all the time! I've found some amazing pieces casually tossed out by people who were moving, redecorating or just plain tired of something that was in great condition. These discarded pieces are the perfect canvas for every crazy idea I want to try...because they are free. Free equals fearless in my book! This chair looked so sad outside of a local law firm in my neighborhood and I had to bring it home just to play around with some new techniques and to see if I could change the vinyl up a bit. It's not totally my style, but I'm still pretty happy with the results. Don't be afraid to dumpster dive and always try to Make Your Mark!
Handsome and ready for a change!
Light blue vinyl...Why not?!
Learn my techniques here!
STUFF I USED
An old vinyl upholstered chair
DecoArt Patent Leather Paint in Turquoise
Americana Decor Stencils
Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint in Keepsake and Bestow
Americana Decor Light Satin Varnish
Americana Decor Metallics in Vintage Brass
*Before you start make sure to remove all dirt and dust
1. Paint the leather with DecoArt Patent Leather in Turquoise
2. Paint the wood with chalky finish in Keepsake
3. Coat the chalky finish with Light Satin Varnish and let dry
4. Paint over the details with chalky finish in Besto
5. & 6. Wipe away the Bestow before it dries with a rag to expose the details
*The Bestow will fill in the cracks and highlight any details & creases
7. Stencil the seat with Vintage Brass
8. Stencil the upper part of the legs with more Vintage Brass
Have a seat!
I may put this back in front of the law firm where I found it.....Just to see if they will love it again!